- This event has passed.
Product Showcase | Designing a fire-resistant wall system
April 22 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Hugh Whiriskey, Technical Director & Founder at Partel
Buildings need to be designed to offer an acceptable level of fire safety and minimize the risks from heat and smoke. A greater focus on the building fabric and certified tested materials is paramount for both the roof and walls. Hugh Whiriskey presents an integrated and technical approach for maximizing the fire safety in the building structure, especially in high-rise and high-risk buildings. He will introduce the new IZOPERM PLUS FR Class A2-s1,d0 product system for the internal walls, a new generation of vapour control membrane and adhesive tape for increased fire safety in buildings.
- Why use a fire-rated membrane?
- Compliant Product System with current Building Codes
- Applications – High-rise, and public buildings > high-risk buildings such as hospitals, offices, schools, universities, apartment blocks etc.
- Fire tests the performance of Partel IZOPERM PLUS FR in comparison to Class B and Class E facade membranes
- Fire test the performance of Partel EXOPERM MONO DURO 200 in comparison with Class E facade membranes
- Why is Partel fire-rated system ideal to maximize building safety in commercial and residential projects?
PHPP-IP Course I | An Introduction to the Passive House Planning Package (IP) (PHPP-IP).Discounts:We offer a $50 discount for NYPH members.Join NYPH Today >Continued Education Credits:Passive House Institute (PHI): 4 Learning Unites (LU)Course II Outline - Windows & Ventilation:5.0: Window Geometry6.0: Window Frames & Glass7.0: Shading8.0: Fresh Air VentilationCourse Description:The Passive House Planning Package (PHPP) […]Find out more »
Register — https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7030941867668115983 Go into greater depth regarding the challenges and successful strategies employed to achieve the Passive House design criteria on significant projects in the Northeast. Topics covered include basic massing, shading and solar control; air barrier, weather barrier and thermal control layers; balanced ventilation, efficient heating, cooling and domestic hot water systems; models used to […]Find out more »
April 1 (Enrollment Deadline March 25) This course is for design/build & construction professionals who are concerned about moisture control, air sealing, thermal bridging, healthy indoor air, durability, resiliency, and affordability of high-performance.Find out more »