November 2 - 11:00 pmEnd:
November 6 - 05:00 pm
PHIUS+ Raters focus on single-family residential projects. The course is geared toward experienced RESNET and BPI professionals, and provides grounding in passive building principles as well as a guide to onsite quality assurance for the PHIUS+ program.
Some topics include:
- Enclosure integrity design strategies
- Passive building mechanical/ventilation systems
- On-site verification of passive building construction features
- Airtightness/blower door testing protocols
This training is delivered in two parts: self-paced online modules followed by 9-hours of live instruction. Upon registration of the program, students will receive a login to the PHIUS Training Portal. The self-paced modules will become available 2-weeks prior to the live instruction start date.
The course concludes with an exam. Successfully completing the course and exam qualifies the trainee as a PHIUS+ Rater.
Please note that Certified Passive House Consultants (CPHC®) are eligible to become PHIUS+ Raters, but cannot rate their own projects.
|Online November Course||Nov 2, 4, 6||11 AM – 2 PM Pacific
2 PM – 5 PM Eastern
Admission Requirements and Registration
Admission is not guaranteed. Candidates should possess some combination of the following experience:
- Professionals with low-rise residential energy efficiency certifications such as RESNET Rater or BPI Analyst.
- Professionals with on-site verification experience working with ENERGY STAR, LEED for Homes, and/or similar programs.
- Professionals with architecture, engineering, building science, construction management, or other similar experience who have background knowledge and experience in high performance design, construction, and on-site verification for single-family residential buildings.
Apply for Admission Today
1. Fill out the form below and include the following:
- Resume or CV describing relevant experience and/or professional certifications, as well as details about your current company (if applicable) and current RESNET/BPI status and standing (if applicable).
- Proof of liability insurance.
- Current/past providers’ contact information with dates of when they were your provider.
- Example report of a rating that you presented to a client.
2. After your application has been reviewed, you will receive an email with your admission status.
3. Once admitted, use the registration form below to enroll and pay the registration fee.
- PHAUS Member: $450
- Non-Member: $500