November 9 - 11:00 pmEnd:
November 13 - 05:00 pm
Passive building is growing, and the fastest-growing market segment is multifamily housing (affordable and market rate) and commercial buildings. This training prepares third-party Quality Assurance and onsite verification professionals to understand the application of passive building and verification principles for multifamily and commercial projects pursuing PHIUS+ Certification.
Some topics include:
- Large building enclosure integrity design strategies
- Passive building mechanical/ventilation systems
- On-site verification of passive building construction features
- Large building/multi-fan blower door testing protocols
- Additionally, students will learn the specific requirements of the PHIUS+ Multifamily Certification Standard v2.2.
This training is delivered in two parts: self-paced online modules followed by 9-hours of live online instruction.
Upon registration of the program, students will receive a login to the PHIUS Training Portal. The self-paced modules will become available 2-weeks prior to the live instruction start date.
The course concludes with an exam. Successfully completing the course and exam qualifies the trainee as a PHIUS+ Verifier.
Please note that Certified Passive House Consultants (CPHC®) are eligible to become PHIUS+ Verifiers, however they cannot verify their own projects.
|Online November Course||Nov 9, 11, 13|| 11 AM – 2 PM Pacific
2 PM – 5 PM Eastern
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Admission Requirements and Registration
Admission is not guaranteed. Candidates should possess some combination of the following experience:
- Professionals with low-rise residential energy efficiency certifications such as RESNET Rater or BPI Analyst, with at least some experience in verification of multifamily buildings.
- Professionals with on-site verification experience working on ENERGY STAR High Rise, LEED for Homes Midrise, and/or NYSERDA Multifamily Performance Program projects.
- Professionals with architecture, engineering, building science, construction management, or other similar experience who have background knowledge and experience in high performance design, construction, and on-site verification for multifamily buildings.
Apply for Admission Today
- Fill out the form below, and include your resume or CV describing relevant experience and/or professional certifications as well as proof of liability insurance.
- After your application has been reviewed, you will receive an email with your admission status.
- Once admitted, use the registration form below to enroll and pay the registration fee.
- PHAUS Member: $575
- Non-Member: $625