Learn the benefits of water heating technologies, for example:
* Greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reductions from the building sector by displacing natural gas and propane combustion water heating.
* Increase in electrical efficiency by replacing electric resistance water heaters.
* Utility bill savings with technology efficiencies and shifting consumption to times when renewable energy resources are abundant and electricity prices are lowest.
Become familiar with the various types of water heaters:
* Conventional storage water heaters offer a ready reservoir (storage tank) of hot water which is adequate for everyday use.
* Heat pump water heaters move heat from one area to another instead of generating heat directly to provide hot water, resulting in high efficiencies and significant cost reductions.
* Solar water heaters use the sun to heat water, reducing energy costs for homeowners.
* Tankless or demand-type water heaters heat water directly without the use of a storage tank.
* Tankless coil and indirect water heaters use a home’s space heating system to heat water.
Speakers: Sarah Cok, Consultant, Newport Partners