Passive House & All Electric Homes Initiative
Energize Connecticut, in partnership with Connecticut Passive House, is excited to offer Passive House education to support Connecticut workforce development and market transformation in the energy efficiency and building construction industries.
As the demand for more efficient buildings evolves, the need for qualified designers, builders, consultants, raters and verifiers with Passive House expertise grows. As such, our goal is to enhance the skillset of the energy efficiency workforce in Connecticut.
These lunch & learn style sessions and building science workshops focused on Passive House standards are no-cost to participants. Additionally, EnergizeCT is offering a 75% cost reimbursement for professionals who successfully complete and pass Phius or Passive House Institute accreditation trainings. The program runs until the end of 2023.
Connecticut Passive House is offering a limited number of members-only 25% reimbursements, making your training FREE.
Please email us to reserve your spot.
What does this mean for you?
- Develop and enhance your skill sets through two training channels – Lunch & Learns and Building Science Workshops.
- Alleviates the cost burden of certification by offering a 75% cost reimbursement for Passive House Institute (PHI) or Passive House Institute US (Phius) accredited training, upon successful completion of certification.
- Creates a cost-effective pathway for business partners to invest in workforce training and professional development (access the reimbursement application here. )
- Provides Continuing Education Units (CEUs) eligible for maintaining Passive House credentials.
What does this mean for our community?
- Scales up the Passive House market in the state.
- Increases awareness of growth needed.
- Encourages and supports market transformation in the energy efficiency and building construction industries.
- Advances energy efficiency implementation efforts and furthers energy-saving building construction across commercial and residential sectors.
* Note: certification courses are eligible for a 75% reimbursement. See Certification Training FAQ for more.
How can I get employer support?