- This event has passed.
Introduction to Passive House
February 28 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
An AIA Connecticut continuing education program in collaboration with Connecticut Passive House.
Passive House is the world’s most rigorous building energy performance standard, requiring a significant reduction in energy consumption while yielding other benefits such as superior comfort, durability, resilience, and health. It can play a major role in our energy future, contributing to our reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by moving away from fossil fuel combustion.
This program is an introduction to Passive House, covering the core principles of Passive House standards and methodologies.
- Identify the 5 principles of the Passive House standard.
- Explore each of the principles in detail.
- Summarize how they work together to create a long-lasting, safer, healthy, and more comfortable environment.
- Demonstrate Passive House contributions to an overall strategy to reduce our carbon footprint.
Presented by Connecticut Passive House Board Members:
- Philippe Campus AIA, CPHD
- Sara Holmes AIA, LEED BD+C, CPHD
- George Penniman AIA, LEED AP, CPHD
- Leonard Wyeth AIA, CPHD